Steering Committee – Call for Nominations
Dear NNCG Members,
The National Network of Consultants to Grantmakers (NNCG) is seeking candidates to serve on its Steering Committee. This is an opportunity for NNCG members to guide NNCG programming and strategic direction.
NNCG is a project of Tides Center and its Steering Committee operates as a Tides Center Project Advisory Board. Steering Committee members are elected for two-year terms. The Committee seeks gender, racial, and geographic diversity, and members committed to NNCG’s mission to increase the quality, effectiveness, and capacity of grantmakers by mobilizing and strengthening the work of knowledgeable, ethical, and experienced consultants. Candidates should have demonstrated leadership and an understanding of NNCG’s mission and strategic framework.
Nominations for positions on the NNCG Steering Committee will be accepted through September 11, 2018, no later than 5 pm PT. There are currently three seats available.
The Steering Committee is particularly interested in recruiting NNCG members with the following areas of experience/expertise:
- Relationships with national and/or international foundations
- Experience supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion investments of grantmakers and others in the philanthropic sector
- Expertise in budgeting and accounting
- Expertise in communications and marketing
- Experience with fundraising and partnership development
- Experience with membership in learning communities
See below for an overview of Steering Committee responsibilities, as well as a link to the nomination form. With your input and recommendations, we will be able to identify our future leaders. Please participate in this important process by nominating a fellow member (or yourself) for service.
Steering Committee Nominations Process:
- It’s simple and easy. All NNCG members are encouraged and eligible to self-nominate or nominate another NNCG member for consideration.
- To nominate yourself or a colleague, click here to download the applicationform for completion. Please note that only current NNCG members may nominate someone for Steering Committee service and the nominee must be an NNCG member.
- July 26, 2018/ Call for Nominations
- September 11, 2018 / Deadline for All Nominations
- September and October 2018 / Interviews with Candidates
- October 10, 2018 / Candidates Selected by Vote of Steering Committee
- November 2018 / Orientation for Selected Candidates
- December 10, 2018 / Election at NNCG’s Final Steering Committee Meeting of the Year
*The timeline is subject to change.
The evaluation criteria used by the committee to select Steering Committee members includes:
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Service to philanthropy and the community locally and/or nationally
- Particular leadership needs of NNCG at the time candidates are being considered
- Diversity (all inclusive)
- Type of professional practice
- Membership in NNCG is current and in good standing (has signed the Code of Ethics)
General Information about the NNCG Steering Committee Meetings:
- Monthly Steering Committee meetings via conference calling, lasting approximately 60-90 minutes
- Regular Task Force meetings: Current Task Forces are Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force, Membership Experience Task Force, and Partnerships Task Force.
- Formulate the basic rules and regulations governing the operations of NNCG
- Provide oversight, governance, and guidance to the task forces, officers, and management of NNCG
- Ensure adequate resources to support NNCG’s programming and administration
- Prepare for and actively participate in Steering Committee and applicable Task Force meetings, as well as NNCG events and programs
- Contribute to the content and process of Steering Committee and Task Force meetings
- Read and understand the organization’s financial reports and otherwise help the Steering Committee fulfill its fiduciary responsibility
- Disclose possible conflicts of interest that might compromise the Steering Committee or NNCG, and disclose any possible conflicts in a timely manner
- Actively participate in fundraising for special initiatives and general support of NNCG by soliciting contributions from individuals and foundations
* All Steering Committee members must be NNCG members in good standing. If a nominee is not currently an NNCG member in good standing but is eligible for NNCG membership, the candidate – if asked to join the Steering Committee – must be an NNCG member at the time of joining the Steering Committee.