Steering Committee – Call for Nominations
Dear NNCG Members,
The National Network of Consultants to Grantmakers (NNCG) is seeking candidates to serve on its Steering Committee. This is an opportunity for NNCG members to guide NNCG programming and strategic direction.
NNCG is a project of Tides Center and its Steering Committee operates as a Tides Center Project Advisory Board. Steering Committee members are elected for two-year terms. The Committee seeks gender, racial, and geographic diversity, and members committed to NNCG’s mission to increase the quality, effectiveness, and capacity of grantmakers by mobilizing and strengthening the work of knowledgeable, ethical, and experienced consultants. Candidates should have demonstrated leadership and an understanding of NNCG’s mission and strategic framework.
Nominations for positions on the NNCG Steering Committee will be accepted through Friday, September 13, 2019, no later than 5 pm Eastern Time. Send via email to email@example.com.
The Steering Committee is particularly interested in recruiting NNCG members with the following areas of experience/expertise:
- Fundraising experience, especially with individual donors and major foundations
- Expertise in budgeting and accounting
- Expertise in communications and marketing
- Experience with membership in learning communities
See below for an overview of Steering Committee expectations, as well as a link to the nomination form. With your input and recommendations, we will be able to identify our future leaders. Please participate in the important process by nominating a fellow member (or yourself) for Steering Committee service.
Steering Committee [Advisory Board] Nominations Process:
- It’s simple and easy. All NNCG members are encouraged and eligible to self-nominate or nominate another NNCG member for
- To nominate yourself or a colleague, click here to download the application form. Please note that only current NNCG members may nominate someone for Steering Committee service and the nominee must be an NNCG
- Monday, August 5, 2019/ Call for Nominations
- Friday, September 13, 2019 at 5 pm ET/ Deadline for All Nominations; send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 2019 / Interviews with Candidates
November 2019/ Candidates Selected by Vote of Steering Committee
December 2019/ Orientation for Selected Candidates
The evaluation criteria used by the committee to select Steering Committee members includes:
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Service to philanthropy and the community locally and/or nationally
- Particular leadership needs of NNCG at the time candidates are being considered
- Diversity (all inclusive)
- Type of professional practice
- Membership in NNCG is current and in good standing (has signed the Code of Ethics)
General Information about the NNCG Steering Committee Meetings:
- Monthly Steering Committee meetings via conference calling, lasting approximately 60 – 75 minutes
- Leadership to NNCG Task Forces, including priority setting and facilitation of meetings via conference calling. Current Task Forces are the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force, Partnerships and Membership Experience Task Force, and Fundraising and Communications Task Force.
- Formulate the basic rules and regulations governing the operations of NNCG
- Provide oversight, governance, and guidance to the task forces, officers, and management of NNCG
- Ensure adequate resources to support NNCG’s programming and administration
- Represent NNCG at field events, especially among NNCG partners and at philanthropy conferences
- Prepare for and actively participate in Steering Committee and applicable Task Force meetings, as well as NNCG events and programs
- Contribute to the content and process of Steering Committee and Task Force meetings
- Read and understand the organization’s financial reports and otherwise help the
Steering Committee fulfill its fiduciary responsibility
- Disclose possible conflicts of interest that might compromise the Steering Committee or NNCG, and disclose any possible conflicts in a timely manner
- Actively participate in fundraising for special initiatives and general support of NNCG by soliciting contributions from individuals and foundations