Join with likeminded colleagues who are committed to quality and effectiveness in philanthropy consulting. NNCG offers programs, services and opportunities for members to connect and network with colleagues, strengthen skills, increase visibility, contribute to improvements in the field, and expand the reach and positive impact of their practices.
The Value of NNCG Membership
For veteran consultants and firms, NNCG provides a deeper layer of connection to industry contacts, networks and knowledge, and offers an opportunity to share your wisdom and increase your visibility as a leader among the field’s most respected consultants.
For those newer to the practice of philanthropy consulting, NNCG provides unequaled access to ongoing professional development and knowledge sharing. NNCG offers exclusive access to webinars, annual conferences and regional meetings that are designed to build networks and share knowledge among committed professionals.
Together, both veterans and up-and-comers learn from one another, contribute to the accumulated wisdom of the field, and lead the way in creating more impact in their the field of philanthropy consulting. NNCG members have myriad opportunities to take the lead on new initiatives or activities that can transform the field.
- NNCG full members enjoy increased access to membership within a number of regional and national grantmaker association and affinity groups, as well as reduced membership rates.
- NNCG’s Directory vetting system and Code of Ethical Conduct are recognized by the field of philanthropy as the first national effort to address issues of quality and appropriateness of philanthropy consulting. These hallmarks of transparency and professionalism have allowed NNCG and its members to form strong relationships with other highly-respected philanthropy organizations, such as The Foundation Center, The Foundation Review, and many regional associations and affinity groups.
- The NNCG Knowledge Center, created in partnership with the Foundation Center, enables NNCG members to easily post and distribute their articles, reports, studies, white papers, etc. nationally and internationally as a resource to the philanthropy and nonprofit sector.
- NNCG strives to provide its members with premier opportunities to showcase their knowledge, such as the groundbreaking, co-edited issue of The Foundation Review — the first ever publication on the role and value of philanthropic consulting.
In short, NNCG membership provides an unmatched platform to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise, apply it to the development of the field of philanthropy consulting, and continue to enhance and network your practice in the company of the field’s most esteemed professionals.
- Involvement in a peer-driven network of professional philanthropy consultants
- Inclusion in NNCG’s Directory of Consultants
- Monthly e-newsletter and special members-only announcements
- Monthly webinar series featuring topics related to philanthropy trends and best practices as well as effective consulting practice
- Member and colleague convenings at national conferences
- Opportunities to showcase your articles, presentations and other work
- Partnership with The Foundation Review to publish a full issue devoted to the field of philanthropy consulting
- Opportunities to join with colleagues to tackle important issues and elevate the field of philanthropy consulting
Member Discounts and Privileges
Members – please log in to your account to see the complete list of benefits and discount codes.
- Alliance Magazine
NNCG members receive 20% off a year’s print or electronic subscription to Alliance magazine, the leading global magazine on philanthropy and social investment. Alliance is also offering a two-week ad placement on its homepage to new subscribers who are NNCG members.
- Exponent Philanthropy
Exponent Philanthropy recently released the latest benchmarking data on foundations that operate with few or no staff, the 2018 Foundations Operations and Management Report. This publication is the most comprehensive study of foundations in the field, and the only one that captures benchmarking for these leanly staffed foundations. NNCG members receive a 20% discount on this valuable report.
- Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers
For a discounted price of $39.95, NNCG members can subscribe to Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR), whose mission is to advance, educate, and inspire the field of social innovation by seeking out, cultivating, and disseminating the best in research- and practice-based knowledge.
- The Foundation Review
NNCG members receive a 20% discount on new and renewed journal subscriptions when they subscribe to The Foundation Review, the peer-reviewed journal of philanthropy published by the Johnson Center for Philanthropy. NNCG members who are new subscribers are also eligible for a free half-page electronic or print ad in The Foundation Review. Please log in to your member page to see the discount code.
Print copies of GrantCraft guides, videos, case studies and other valuable resources on philanthropy practice are available at discount prices for NNCG members.
- NYU Academy for Grantmaking and Funder Education
NNCG members and their clients are eligible for a 15% tuition discount for studies at the New York University Academy for Grantmaking and Funder Education (a Division of the NYU George Heyman Center). Learn more at NYU-SCPS.
Joint Regional Association Membership Discounts
- Northern California Grantmakers
Eligible Northern California area philanthropy consultants and consulting firms who are Full Members of NNCG may qualify for discounted membership in Northern California Grantmakers. Contact Northern California Grantmakers for eligibility information.
- Philanthropy New York
Eligible New York area philanthropy consultants and consulting firms who are Full Members of NNCG may qualify for discounted membership in Philanthropy New York. Contact Philanthropy New York for eligibility information.
- Southern California Grantmakers
Eligible Southern California area philanthropy consultants and consulting firms who are Full Members of NNCG may qualify for discounted membership in Southern California Grantmakers. Contact Southern California Grantmakers for eligibility information.