Steering Committee & Task Forces
Call for Nominations
Each Fall, the National Network of Consultants to Grantmakers (NNCG) seeks candidates to serve on its Steering Committee and Task Forces.
NNCG Steering Committee members are elected for two-year terms. The committee seeks gender, racial, and geographic diversity, as well as a diversity of experiences and perspectives. It also seeks members committed to advancing NNCG’s mission to increase the quality, effectiveness, and capacity of grantmakers by mobilizing and strengthening the work of knowledgeable, ethical, and experienced consultants. Candidates should have demonstrated leadership and an understanding of NNCG’s mission and strategic framework.
As part of their service, Steering Committee members are asked to chair or co-chair one of NNCG’s standing Task Forces.
We also ask that Steering Committee members invite peer consultants to join NNCG as Associate and Full Members and actively participate in the aforementioned Task Forces.
For the upcoming nominations process, the Steering Committee is particularly interested in recruiting NNCG members with experience/ expertise in fundraising (especially with individual donors and major foundations), budgeting and accounting, and membership recruitment.
With your input and recommendations, we will be able to identify our future leaders. Please participate in the important process by nominating a fellow member (or yourself) for our Steering Committee.
STEERING COMMITTEE RESPONSIBILITIES
NNCG TASK FORCES
- Demonstrated leadership ability and commit- ment to build relationships with current and prospective members and supporters of NNCG
- Willingness to serve as an ambassador, representative, and communicator for NNCG in the philanthropic community
- Service to philanthropy and the community locally and/or nationally
- Particular leadership needs of NNCG at the time candidates are being considered
- Diversity (all inclusive)
- Type of professional practice
- Membership in NNCG is current and in good standing (has signed the Code of Ethics). If a nominee is not currently an NNCG member but is eligible for NNCG membership, the candidate— if asked to join—must become an NNCG member.
- Prepare for and actively contribute to Steering Committee meetings, with the goal of at least 80% attendance. (In 2023, meetings were held for approximately 90 minutes every other month.)
- Prepare for and actively serve on at least one Task Force. Where appropriate, lead as chair or co-chair and/or recruit other members.
- Actively participate in fundraising and general support of NNCG by soliciting contributions from individuals and
- Recruit prospective NNCG members and engage current members.
- Attend and participate in NNCG events and programs.
- Formulate the basic rules and regulations governing the operations of NNCG.
- Provide oversight, governance, and guidance to the Task Forces, officers, and management of
- Ensure adequate resources to support NNCG’s programming and administration.
- Represent NNCG at field events, especially among NNCG partners and at philanthropy
- Read and understand the organization’s financial reports and otherwise help the Steering Committee fulfill its fiduciary responsibility.
- Disclose possible conflicts of interest that might compromise the Steering Committee or NNCG, and disclose any possible conflicts in a timely
NNCG Task Forces meet regularly to develop and implement activities associated with NNCG’s vision and mission. As mentioned above, each Steering Committee Member is expected to provide leadership to an NNCG Task Force. Current NNCG Task Forces include:
- The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force seeks to design and implement efforts whereby NNCG can help consultants and foundations have a stronger diversity, equity, and inclusion framework for their work.
- The Membership/Partnership Task Force seeks to enhance the mutual benefit of NNCG partnerships in ways that further our strategic framework. It also seeks to deliver and communicate member benefits in order to enhance member satisfaction and retention.
- The Fundraising/Communications Task Force seeks to raise funds via foundation grants and corporate sponsorship to support the operations and programming of NNCG. It also seeks to elevate NNCG’s reputation as a go-to resource for philanthropy consultants and grantmakers.
August 18–September 15, 2023
Call for nominations
September 15, 2023 at 5 pm ET
Deadline for all nominations
September and October 2023
Interviews with candidates
Orientation for selected candidates