Steering Committee & Task Forces
Call for Nominations
Each Fall, the National Network of Consultants to Grantmakers (NNCG) seeks candidates to serve on its Steering Committee and Task Forces.
This is an opportunity for NNCG members to guide NNCG programming and strategic direction.
Steering Committee members are elected for two-year terms. The Committee seeks gender, racial, and geographic diversity, and members committed to NNCG’s mission to increase the quality, effectiveness, and capacity of grantmakers by mobilizing and strengthening the work of knowledgeable, ethical, and experienced consultants. Candidates should have demonstrated leadership and an understanding of NNCG’s mission and strategic framework.
The Steering Committee is particularly interested in recruiting NNCG members with the following areas of experience/expertise:
- Fundraising experience, especially with individual donors and major foundations
- Expertise in diversity, equity, and inclusion (ex. disability inclusion, gender equity, etc.)
- Expertise in communications and marketing
- Experience with membership in learning communities
- Interest in developing NNCG webinars and other programming
With your input and recommendations, we will be able to identify our future leaders. Please participate in the important process by nominating a fellow member (or yourself) for our Steering Committee or Task Forces.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and commitment to build relationships with current and prospective members and supporters of NNCG
- Willingness to serve as an ambassador, representative, and communicator for NNCG in the philanthropic community
- Service to philanthropy and the community locally and/or nationally
- Particular leadership needs of NNCG at the time candidates are being considered
- Diversity (all inclusive)
- Type of professional practice
- For Steering Committee: Membership in NNCG is current and in good standing (has signed the Code of Ethics)
- General Information about the NNCG Steering Committee Bi-monthly Steering Committee meetings via conference calling, lasting approximately 90 minutesOc
Steering Committee Responsibilities
- Formulate the basic rules and regulations governing the operations of NNCG
- Provide oversight, governance, and guidance to the task forces, officers, and management of NNCG
- Ensure adequate resources to support NNCG’s programming and administration
- Provide feedback and share ideas with Task Forces
- Represent NNCG at field events, especially among NNCG partners and at philanthropy conferences
- Prepare for and actively participate in Steering Committee and applicable Task Force meetings, as well as NNCG events and programs
- Contribute to the content and process of Steering Committee and Task Force meetings
- Read and understand the organization’s financial reports and otherwise help the Steering Committee fulfill its fiduciary responsibility
- Disclose possible conflicts of interest that might compromise the Steering Committee or NNCG, and disclose any possible conflicts in a timely manner
- Actively participate in fundraising for special initiatives and general support of NNCG by soliciting contributions from individuals and foundations
General Information about NNCG Task Forces
Task Forces meet occasionally to develop and implement ideas, activities and to vet suggestions
- The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force
Charter/Description: Design and implement project/work whereby NNCG can help consultants and foundations have a stronger diversity, equity, and inclusion lens on their work.
- The Membership/Partnership Task Force
Charter/Description: Enhance/Maximize the mutual benefit of NNCG partnership in ways that further our strategic framework. Design how to enhance, deliver, and communicate member benefits in order to enhance member satisfaction and retention.
- The Fundraising/Communications Task Force
Charter/Description: Elevate NNCG’s reputation as a key resource for information to both philanthropic consultants and grantmakers. Heighten awareness of NNCG and its Directory of Consultants in the philanthropic sector. Raise funds via foundation grants and corporate sponsorship to support the operations and programming of NNCG.