From technical assistance to consulting opportunities, the NNCG Network promotes peer exchange and learning among philanthropy consultants and grantmakers to advance social change in communities.
For full access, join today!
* NNCGListserv – MembersOnly* – There’s still time: Join Us! Disability Inclusion Community of Practice at NNCG: We are excited to announce that NNCG was recently awarded a grant from the Ford Foundation to further develop our disability inclusion work as part of our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative! (5/5/20)
* NNCGListserv – MembersOnly* – Free Webinar – Lessons Learned About Virtual Facilitation: As we each undertake the proverbial pivot in adapting to the new challenges and opportunities brought by current events, I thought you would be interested in this upcoming webinar, “Lessons Learned About Virtual Facilitation.” Wednesday, May 6, 10 am pacific/11 am mountain/12 noon central/1 pm eastern. (4/30/20)
* NNCGListserv – MembersOnly* – An invitation to participate in a research project: I know many of you from various stages of my long career in the philanthropy field – some from my days as a foundation CEO or trustee, others from conferences we attended, and still other who took courses at NYU or Penn where I have taught many hundreds of funders from around the world. For the last few years, I had significantly reduced my advisory work to concentrate more on my lecturing and teaching, and serving as a trustee of several foundations. For a variety of reasons, I have decided to modestly reactivate my advisory work and, thus joined NNCG last month. (4/29/20)
* NNCGListserv – MembersOnly* – Evaluation consultant RFP: The Foundation seeks a consultant to work with staff on creating an evaluation framework for its new strategic plan, currently in development and slated for completion by late 2020. Since the Foundation began formal grantmaking in 2011 it has not had a comprehensive data collection and impact measurement system to align strategies and outcomes. The new strategic plan will focus the grantmaking attention to a more cohesive impact-oriented structure. Please see attached RFP for more details. (4/23/20)
* NNCGListserv – MembersOnly* – “Consulting Through the Pandemic and Beyond” – Panel Discussion – April 14th: Susan Schaefer, Mary Hiland, and I (Don Tebbe)— all of us longtime consultants – are hosting a panel discussion on “Consulting Through the Pandemic and Beyond,” sharing what we learned guiding our businesses through the white waters of the Great Recession of 2008-2009. It’s on Tuesday, April 14, 2020 @ 1 PM Eastern, 10 AM Pacific. Registration is free. For those who can’t make it, there will be replay at the “more info” link below. (4/13/20)
* NNCGListserv – MembersOnly* – Recommended Resources on Disability and COVID-19, from Presidents’ Council on Disability Inclusion in Philanthropy: Thanks to Brittany Kienker, Ph.D. and others who have shared resources on philanthropy and our sector’s response to COVID-19. Here’s another set of resources from the Presidents’ Council on Disability Inclusion in Philanthropy.
“As we navigate an ever-changing world in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, philanthropy has a critical role to play in ensuring that the disability community is not left behind. To help guide you through the uncharted paths ahead, we will be regularly updating this page with helpful resources and reading on COVID-19 and key disability issues.” (3/26/20)
* NNCGListserv – MembersOnly* – NNCG Seeks Fundraising Consultant – RFPs due 4/6/20: The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit proposals from consultants, experienced in fundraising for nonprofits, particularly professional membership associations, to develop and implement a customized fundraising plan to help the organization reach its full revenue potential. Please see attached PDF for all the details. (3/17/20)
* NNCGListserv – MembersOnly* – UPDATED RESOURCES: NNCG LISTSERV: COVID-19 and the Response from Philanthropy – Some Resources for Philanthropy Consultants: Over the past weeks, I’ve talked with many colleagues nationally regarding the impact of COVID-19 on grantmakers and the philanthropic sector. During these conversations, many have expressed an interest in the Council of Michigan Foundations’ approach to serving foundations throughout this situation. (3/13/20)
* NNCGListserv – MembersOnly* – RFP from Girls for Gender Equity: Girls for Gender Equity (GGE) is an intergenerational organization committed to the physical, psychological, social and economic development of girls and women, particularly cisgender and transgender girls and gender non-conforming/non-binary (GNC/NB) youth of color. Through direct service, policy & organizing, and culture change, GGE works to remove systemic barriers and create the world in which for cisgender and transgender girls of color and GNC/NB youth of color are free. (3/11/20)
* NNCGListserv – MembersOnly* – UPDATED RESOURCES: NNCG LISTSERV: COVID-19 and the Response from Philanthropy – Some Resources for Philanthropy Consultants: We wanted to share a few resources on the COVID-19 Coronavirus and the response from philanthropy. (3/11/20)
* NNCGListserv – MembersOnly* – COVID-19 and the Response from Philanthropy – Some Resources for Philanthropy Consultants. I’ve been tracking the outbreak for the Council of Michigan Foundations and have several additional sources to recommend. (3/9/20)
* NNCGListserv – MembersOnly* – Join Us! Disability Inclusion Community of Practice at NNCG: We are excited to announce that NNCG was recently awarded a grant from the Ford Foundation to further develop our disability inclusion work as part of our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative! (3/3/20)
* NNCGListserv – MembersOnly* – Foundations & consultants working on disability inclusion: In partnership with NNCG, I’m working on a scan of foundations that are integrating disability inclusion into their work, including identifying consultants who are working with foundations, or have the potential to do so. (2/21/20)